What to do if you need mental health support or help in a crisis:
- If you are already receiving support from mental health services you should follow your care plan. Your plan will include details of who you should contact in a crisis. If you can't find your care plan, please contact your community mental health team and ask for your care co-ordinator.
- If you, a family member or friend are in distress and need urgent help or advice contact our 24-hour mental health support line on 0800 731 2864.
- If you need urgent help but can wait until the next day then your GP can be the first point of contact to help navigate the best service for you.
- If you feel unsafe and need immediate help go to your nearest hospital with an Accident and Emergency (A&E) Department where the psychiatric liaison team can help you (24 hours a day, 365 days of the year).
- If you are concerned about an immediate risk of harm - either to yourself or someone else - then phone 999.
Information by borough
You can download leaflets with information about your local services here: