Location: Maudsley Hospital
1st Floor, Mapother House
De Crespigny Park
Call: 020 3228 2458
Referrals are accepted from: consultants, GPs, counsellors via GP, community mental health teams, improving access to psychological therapies (IAPT) teams
We specialise in treating people with chronic and persistent sexual problems. Our service offers assessment and treatment for individuals and couples who are experiencing difficulties with their sexual functioning, where the primary cause is psychological, or where the psychosexual problem has developed as a result of physical pathology.
We have expertise in treating people with a range of sexual dysfunctions which includes:
- delayed or absent ejaculation
- erectile dysfunction
- genital pain disorders, such as dyspareunia, vaginismus and vulvodynia
- persistent genital arousal disorder
- premature ejaculation
- sexual aversion
- sexual desire disorders; low or excessive sexual drive
- Other sexual difficulties:
- fetishism and other unusual sexual practices
- female genital mutilation (FGM)
- pornography or cybersex addiction
- sexual addiction
- sexual trauma
- Psychological support for people experiencing gender dysphoria
We have a longstanding history of treating people psychologically for persistent difficulties relating to sex and gender. We can treat people with significant distress including those suffering from co-morbid depression or anxiety.
Our aim is to assist people to improve their sexual wellbeing and overall quality of life.