Support us by becoming a member
Members and governors are at the heart of our organisation. Members support SLaM on a voluntary basis and provide us with feedback, local knowledge and support.
By becoming a member you will be able to have a greater influence in how the Trust develops and will receive information and feedback.
The governors, with the support of our members, ensure our work is in keeping with our values.
Who can become a member?
- Anyone who lives in England can join the Trust as a public member.
- Anyone who has used our services in the past 5 years can join as a service user member, and their carers can join as carer members.
- Anyone who works or volunteers for us.
Why become a member:
It’s free to join and as a member you will be able to:
- elect representatives to serve on the Council of Governors;
- stand for election to the Council of Governors;
- Nominations have closed for the 2016 elections.
- Voting starts mid August 2016. Here is the Notice of Poll.
- Voting will take place in the Carer, Public, Service User Local (resident in Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark) and Staff constituencies.
- Anybody in those constituencies who was a member by 25th July 2016 will be invited to vote.
- receive a monthly members’ e-newsletter packed with news, events and features;
- apply for funding from the Council of Governors' bids scheme, Let's Smile;
- attend members' events;
- take part in surveys and consultations about our plans and SLaM’s services;
- benefit from discounts with local retailers and other organisations.
For further information
Telephone: 020 3228 2441